- Students the College of Nanoscale Science and Engineering (CNSE) of the University at Albany — does that fit on a sweatshirt? 🙂 — will get hands-on chip fab training.
- Poughkeepsie Journal runs down Gov. Spitzer’s State of the State agenda. Three interesting points:
- Says Stewart Airport needs to expand “to serve as an economic engine of the Hudson Valley.” Much-loved JetBlue just started flying from Stewart. Let’s hope it doesn’t suffer Stewart’s own version of the Sports Illustrated jinx that saw Independence Air and Southeast Airlines come and go in recent years.
- Proposed Stem Cell and Innovation Fund. Local econ. dev. folks speak of hopes that it will encourage more entrepreneurship and VC investment.
- Need to control energy costs.